Jake has had a love for four-wheeled machinery all his life, starting first with his father’s tractor around the farm, and by his teenage years, cars and sports cars of all sorts.
Jake came to racing somewhat late in life, not competing in his first autocross until he was 21, co-driving in a friend’s borrowed Subaru Impreza.
That day was the beginning of a life long passion for driving and racing. Knowing not even the first thing about racing or working on cars, Jake bought a set of tools, a toolbox, and a beat up old Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, and went racing.
Over the next several years, Jake progressed from regional to national level autocrossing, then to time trials, and finally, in 2007 to road racing with a Radical Prosport, winning several regional and divisional championships along the way.
In 2007, Jake received his club racing license, and in his first year, won the division DSR championship, as well as the Ron Hunter Memorial Rookie of the Year award.
By 2010, Jake graduated to the national road racing scene, finishing sixth in his first SCCA National Championship Runoffs, and in 2011 won the prestigious June Sprints before taking a 3rd place podium at the Runoffs.
In 2012, Jake moved to open wheel racing in Formula 1000, building a brand new car and backing up his previous bronze metal with yet another 3rd place podium at the Runoffs.
In 2013, Jake graduated to the pro ranks, joining the fledgling US F1000 pro series, winning races at Laguna Seca, Miller Motorsports Park, and setting a new track record at Sears Point Raceway.
2014 and beyond will continue to bring more excitement, and no doubt, good racing results.
Accomplishments & Championships
- Track Record – USF1000 Pro Series, Sears Point
- 3rd Place – 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoffs (F1000)
- 3rd Place – 2011 SCCA National Championship Runoffs (DSR)
- Champion – 2011 Weathertech June Sprints
- 2010 – 6th, SCCA National Championship Runoffs
- 2010 – Outright Track Record – High Plains Raceway
- 2009 – Rocky Mountain Division D-Sports Racing Champion
- Champion – 2008 C-Sports Racing, Rocky Mountain Division
- 2008 – DSR Track Record, Mid-America Motorplex
- 2008 – Outright Track Record, Motorsports Park Hastings
- 2007 Ron Hunter Rookie of the Year
- 2006 B-Modified Time Trials Champion, Rocky Mountain Division
- Champion 2004 Street Modified, Rocky Mountain Division
Jake was born and raised in Napa, CA, before moving to Fort Collins, CO for college. Loving the Colorado lifestyle and the benefits Fort Collins has to offer, Jake stayed, and has been a Colorado resident since 1999.
Jake is the Chief Technology Officer for RockySoft Corporation, a leading Supply Chain Management company.
Jake was married in 2012 to his lovely wife Amy, and son Jacob was born 11/12/13, bring a new dimension to their lives.
When not racing, Jake is an avid alpine skier in the winter, and back-country hiker in the summer.
Born: December 14, 1979
Birthplace: Napa, CA
Residence: Broomfield, CO
Height/Weight: 5’7″, 170#